Although Albuterol is not quite as popular as Clenbuterol, its availability on the market is very wide and the product is easily accessible. This is due to the fact that Albuterol is considered an ancillary medication that, in most countries, is not a controlled substance or a scheduled drug. In many countries it is widely available over the counter, and even in many countries where it is available through prescription-only, there are no restrictive laws in regards to the personal use and possession of it. Because of its wide availability and lax legal status, those looking to buy Albuterol will be satisfied in knowing that it is a fairly inexpensive compound with pharmaceutical grade product proliferating the market, although many different grades can be found as well. With the increasing popularity of Albuterol, it is estimated that the amount of individuals shopping around seeking to buy Albuterol is on the steady increase.
Pharmaceutical Grade, Underground Labs, and Research Grade
Individuals looking to buy Albuterol will undoubtedly be faced with the following three primary categories or grades of product, which are: Pharmaceutical grade products, underground lab (UGL) products, and research grade products.
1. Pharmaceutical grade: These are pharmaceutical products manufactured and marketed by FDA-approved pharmaceutical companies (or any international equivalent of the FDA). The products resultant of these pharmaceutical companies are of very high quality, accurately dosed, with guaranteed sterility and purity. This is because of the actions of the FDA in maintaining tight quality control and oversight of manufacture. The downside to products of high quality is of course higher prices due to the manufacturing costs and the costs often required to cover R&D.
2. Underground lab (UGL) grade: Underground labs are unregistered illicitly established laboratories that are non-FDA approved, and are established in order to manufacture anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs almost exclusively. The conditions under which these labs are run can range from pharmaceutical grade facilities to basement laboratories that are established in a person’s home. These varying conditions end up resulting in widely varying degrees of quality in the products (due to no FDA or similar oversight and quality control). The benefit of UGL grade products is ease of accessibility and of course lower costs.
3. Research grade: These are products manufactured by ‘research chemical’ companies that provide ‘research grade’ Albuterol (and other various compounds). These are actually completely legal and legitimate companies which engage in the production and sale of products meant specifically for research use in laboratories. Individuals looking to buy Albuterol from research chemical companies will typically ignore the warnings that the products are for ‘research use only’ and instead consume the product for their own body. Albuterol is legally sold and purchased from these companies with no issues, and although quality of product is not at the pharmaceutical grade level, the majority of the time it can come pretty close. However, one must remember that the FDA does not oversee the manufacturing operations of these companies, and there is little to no quality control involved. It is for this reason that the quality, for the most part, of research chemical grade Albuterol should usually be considered on the same level as underground lab products.
There exist far too many various brand names and generic Albuterol products to list under the pharmaceutical grade products, and therefore the only pharmaceutical Albuterol product to make note of is the most widely available and most popular brand by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). GlaxoSmithKline manufactures Ventolin in boxes of 100 tablets, with each tablet dosed at 4mg each. The tablet are contained in foil-lined blister pack strips of 25 tablets per strip with four blister strips per box.
Research grade products manufactured by research chemical companies are almost always liquid products supplied with a dropper, or an oral syringe, or spray pump (where each spray is commonly measured to be a particular dose per spray). Concentrations of Albuterol solutions in these liquid products are commonly 4mg/ml in a 60ml bottle (although many manufacture 50ml bottles due to the cheap cost of manufacturing the compound), with the price ranging from $50 – $65 per bottle (depending on which company it is purchased from). The relatively low prices and the amounts an individual would buy Albuterol in research grade, alongside the fact that these are a legal means to buying Albuterol, allow these to be very popular sources and brands on the market. Note that research products are not intended for human use, and are for research purposes only.
Counterfeits and Fakes
It will be pleasing for those looking to buy Albuterol to know that counterfeit and/or fake Albuterol is largely a non-issue due to the lax legal status of the drug, as well as its already large availability in the pharmaceutical grade and research grade formats. This leaves very little room for profiteering by counterfeit operations, although it should be noted that a very small amount of counterfeiting does exist when it comes to Albuterol.
Because research chemical companies normally manufacture as well as market/sell their own products (as opposed to the typical system whereby anabolic steroids are manufactured by a lab and then sold to a vendor for resale), research products have already been covered. Therefore, this leaves Albuterol prices landing ultimately under three categories of vendors/sources:
– ‘In-person’, ‘personally known’, or ‘gym floor’ sources
– Internet website sources that limit buyers to a minimum order amount
– Internet website sources that do not limit buyers to minimum order amounts and instead allow small single-bottle orders
The first two source/vendor types listed have very little variation in pricing, but those who are looking to buy Albuterol on the internet will not avoid noticing the distinct pricing differences between websites that set minimum order limits compared to those that do not do so. Websites that do not set minimum order limits allow shoppers to buy Albuterol in very small quantities (single bottle orders, etc.), and because the vendor tends to make small sales as opposed to large quantity sales, prices are frequently inflated to make up for the logistical costs of small orders. Sources/vendors that do restrict buyers to minimum order limits will typically set a minimum limit of between $200 – $400 worth of product (usually the equivalent of multiple bottles or boxes of items) before allowing an order to be processed. This allows ‘minimum order limit’ sources to justify lower prices per item due to the larger sales amounts.
Typical pricing of Albuterol originating from sources that do not set minimum order limits will generally find pharmaceutical Albuterol product in the range of $0.60 – $1.00 per tablet containing 4mg/tablet. Underground Albuterol product from the same source will range from $0.40 – $0.85 per tablet containing 4mg/tablet.
Sources that do set minimum order limits (as well as in-person sources) can be found selling pharmaceutical Albuterol in the range of $0.45 – $0.60 per tablet containing 4mg/tablet. Underground Albuterol from the same sources can be found for $0.25 – $0.60 per tablet containing 4mg/tablet.
The three major Western countries where anabolic steroid use is most prevalent will be covered here, but it is important for every person, regardless of country in which they live, to thoroughly research the laws in their region in regards to these types of substances if they are looking to buy Albuterol.
Albuterol is a non-controlled substance in Canada as well as the United States. Many ancillary compounds fall under this classification, such as anti-estrogens, sympathomimetics, and many other prescription drugs that are not classified as controlled substances under the CSA (Controlled Substances Act) or the Canadian CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act). Although Albuterol cannot be purchased over the counter and is only available through prescription, there are no penalties in regards to its use, possession, or trading. Under an FDA 1988 ruling, it is permissible to import a 3 month supply for personal use both in the United States as well as Canada.
In the UK, the same general laws are present where there are no penalties for personal use and possession, and individuals may import a personal supply.
Australia lists Albuterol as an S3 drug, which categorizes it as a pharmacist-only dispensed item.