What support supplements can I take when on a steroid cycle to stay healthy?
By Admin – Steroidal.com
A: By now it should be obvious that using anabolic steroids can cause side effects. These can be temporary and some permanent, but if prior planning is implemented and adequate preparation, we can limit these side effects by using other drugs and support supplements.
Dietary supplements marketed towards helping steroid users stay healthy have gained popularity over recent years but often these can be over priced and in the wrong dosages to see real health benefits. First, lets address the most common side effects associated with anabolic steroid use and what can be taken that’s easily accessible over the counter at your local GNC or can be purchased online.
When taking oral 17-alpha-alkylated oral steroids such as, Dianabol, Anadrol, Oral Winstrol and Anavar, these can put added stress on liver enzymes alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST). Other side effects can include; stress on the kidneys, cardiovascular changes, acne and an impaired cholesterol profile lipoproteins, LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and HDL (high-density lipoprotein). However, we can add in various supplements and dietary changes to address these above side effects. Here we will go over the most important support supplements you can take to limit the occurrence of steroids side effects when designing your diet or the next time you order your supplements.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 containing EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) can be found commonly in oily fish such as, wild caught salmon, sardines, grass fed beef, free range organic eggs, flax seeds and nuts. Omega-3 has been shown to reduce inflammatory cytokines, such as IL-6 and IL-1β, depression by aiding in cognitive function (as shown here), heart disease, blood pressure and LDL. Essential fatty acids have been proven to increase; memory, mood, circulation, energy levels, sleep, the immune system, HDL, the reproductive system in both men and women and fat loss. Its one of the most well rounded supplements you can take whether on anabolic steroids or not. 3-4 grams per day should be taken with meals.
- Circumin: Circumin is an extract of turmeric root, which is a potent natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. Recent research has found that curcumin can aid in heart health and recovery after bypass surgery. Curcumin also blocks phenylephrin-induced (PE-induced) cardiac hypertrophy. Using anabolic steroids can cause left ventricular hypertrophy or heart enlargement in trained individuals, so using circumin is a wise move due to its cardio protective effects. Circumin is also good for the skin, liver, kidneys, and reduction in cancers, high cholesterol, bile flow stimulation, arthritis and cognitive function. 1-4 grams should be used daily split evenly.
- Multi-Vitamin: There are literally hundreds of thousands of multi-vitamin products on the market but we at Steroidal.com recommend only one – Source Naturals Life Force For Men. There is also a product designed specifically for women with the correct vitamins, minerals, herbs and probiotics. As with any product found online or at your local store, quality will vary. Source Naturals have been producing the highest quality vitamins; minerals and herbal products for decades and often top independent reviews on quality control.
- Vitamin C: Ascorbic acid found in citrus fruits has been touted as a health supplement for centuries. The benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling. Vitamin C will also lower blood pressure; cortisol levels and offers protection against heart disease. 500mg – 3,000mg every day should be used.
- Humanofort: Humanofort is a natural protein peptide from the chicken egg embryo that stimulates the adrenal glands and normalizes the body’s adrenal hormone output. Humanofort will also increase growth hormone production, insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), mood, concentration, healing, lipid profile and sexual function, reduce blood pressure and anxiety. Humanofort can be purchased online and is made by a number of manufacturers. 100mg – 400mg should be used every day.
- Digestive Enzymes: Often athletes and bodybuilders maintain a diet high in protein and can experiences digestive problems. Whey protein shakes can also contribute to digestive issues, such as stomach cramps, diarrhea and a gaseous stomach. Digestive enzymes such as, Bromelain can aid in the digestion of problematic foods or when excess calories are consumed. Bromelain is found in pineapple but can also be supplemented at 500mg 1-3 times per day for its digestive and absorption aiding effects.
- Liv 52: As already stated, 17-alpha-alkylated oral anabolic steroids can elevate liver enzymes and cause stress. Liv 52 by Himalaya is a potent weapon used with oral steroids, or after as a kind of therapy post oral steroid use. The natural ingredients in Liv 52 exhibit potent hepatoprotective properties against chemically induced hepatotoxicity. It restores the functional efficiency of the liver by protecting the hepatic parenchyma and promoting hepatocellular regeneration. Avoided alcohol, drinking plenty of water daily, using sensible oral steroid dosages and limiting their duration of use and using Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) are other options to aid in the regeneration of the liver. See Liv 52 directions for use.
The above is a small list of helpful nutritional changes you can do to limit the side effect associated with anabolic steroid use. As always, avoid large steroid dosages, using steroids for long duration without giving your body a break, get regular blood tests to see what’s going on inside, check blood pressure and avoid combining too many steroids in one cycle. If sever side effects are experienced, seek the advice of a physician immediately.