Female Steroid Cycles
Steroid Cycles for Women
As previously mentioned, steroid cycles for women should include compounds that are the most female-friendly in terms of low androgenicity, and moderate to high anabolic effects. Furthermore, female steroid cycle lengths should be kept as short as possible (maximum 4 weeks in length). This is recommended so as to ensure the least amount of time provided to the androgenic effects building up in the body.
Three factors that are involved in how severe the virilization effects from any anabolic steroid are:
- The androgenic:anabolic ratio of the anabolic steroid(s) used. How strong an anabolic steroid’s androgenic effects are will determine how quickly virilization manifests in a female. Stronger androgenic ratings attributed to a compound will undoubtedly manifest very rapid and very severe virilization in a short time period. Additionally, the use of more than one anabolic steroid (even if they hold low androgenic strength ratings) will compound this effect.
- The dosage of anabolic steroid(s) used. As dosages increase, the propensity for developing virilization increases in direct proportion to the dosage. How fast these virilization effects manifest is also directly proportional. Even low to mild androgenic compounds will exhibit this effect, as the greater amount of blood plasma levels of any androgen will bind to and activate more androgen receptors in different tissues throughout the body.
- The length of the anabolic steroid cycle. The amount of time spent utilizing anabolic steroids is also directly proportional to the risk of experiencing virilization effects, which is why cycle lengths should be kept relatively short for women. It stands to reason that the stronger an androgenic rating of a particular steroid used is, the faster the onset of virilization side effects. With this having been established, longer cycles of low-rated androgenic compounds will produce increased virilization over the long term as the cycle continues in time.
It is therefore very important that for a beginner or first-time female anabolic steroid user, starting dosages are begun at their lowest effective dose, and titrated upwards as the female monitors her individual response to the compound. Some females will require higher dosages without any significant ill effects, and others might not be able to handle such increases. Individual response to different anabolic steroids varies widely among the population, and this should be taken into consideration. The same can be said for cycle lengths. While female A might be able to tolerate 6 week cycles of Anavar at 10mg/day, female B might only be able to tolerate the same cycle for only 4 weeks before ill effects begin to manifest.
It is not uncommon for females to utilize fat loss agents in conjunction with anabolic steroids to enhance fat loss and accompany desired physique changes. This is acceptable, as almost all fat loss agents are not anabolic steroids, and instead fall under the category of stimulants and growth hormones (i.e. Clenbuterol, Ephedrine, Human Growth Hormone, thyroid hormones such as T3, T4, etc.).
Examples of Steroid Cycles for Women
Female Cycle Example #1 (4 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1 – 4:
– Oral Primobolan at 30 – 50mg/day
This female steroid cycle opts for the oral variant of Primobolan (Methenolone Acetate) and is considered a perfect starting / beginner compound for females, as it is regarded as quite mild in terms of both its androgenic and anabolic effects. Although a general dosage range is provided for this compound, might be necessary (depending on the individual) to raise the dosage after initial tolerance and response has been assessed.
Female Cycle Example #2 (4 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1 – 4:
– Anavar at 5 – 10mg/day
Anavar (Oxandrolone) is a very common and very popular anabolic steroid used among female athletes, and many female anabolic steroid users elect to use this compound on their first cycle quite frequently. Due to the extraordinary nature of Anavar, many females tend to select this compound as a particular favorite and end up using it quite exclusively. It is very favorable because of its androgenic:anabolic ratio of 24:322-630, whereas Testosterone’s androgenic:anabolic ratio rests at 100:100. The explanation in the comparison here is quite obvious. The dosage provided is a general starting point, and many females might elect to rest their daily dosage at 15mg/day, while others might venture higher (upwards of 25mg/day), though this is normally pursued by female athletes who are engaging in serious competitive prospects. Keep in mind that higher dosages bring with it a higher probability of undesirable effects manifesting.
Female Cycle Example #3 (4 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1 – 4:
– Oral Winstrol at 5 – 10mg/day
Although Winstrol (Stanozolol) is regarded as generally a female-friendly anabolic steroid, it is regarded as less so than Primobolan or Anavar. However, it can be used diligently by females to enhance strength, anabolism, and nutrient partitioning towards increased fat loss. It is also an anabolic steroid that is favorable for achieving the commonly sought-after ‘lean and hard’ look that many female fitness and female bodybuilding athletes tend to aim for. The dosage once again is a general description, and some females can afford to venture slightly higher than the 10mg/day limit, though once again it approaches risky grounds where virilization is concerned.
Female Cycle Example #4 (4 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1 – 4:
– Injectable Winstrol at 15mg every other day (for a total of 60mg weekly)
This anabolic steroid cycle for women introduces the injectable format of Winstrol, which might be desirable for those who wish to avoid the potential hepatotoxicity that is associated with the C-17 alpha alkylated hepatotoxicity with the oral variant. The properties are otherwise the exact same as the oral variant, and it can be administered slightly less frequently.
Female Cycle Example #5 (4 weeks total cycle time)
Weeks 1 – 4:
– Equipoise (Boldenone Undecylenate) at 50 – 75mg/week
Finally, a second injectable anabolic steroid cycle for females is introduced here in the form of Equipoise (Boldenone Undecylenate). Keep in mind that this compound is a long-estered anabolic steroid, and with it comes the previously described inconvenience of longer clearance times from the body, which necessitates the final injection to occur two weeks before the end of the cycle. This cycle should be approached only by those females that are already generally well-experienced with anabolic steroid use already. If a beginner were to engage in this cycle, the issue of gauging personal tolerance and deciding whether or not to halt administration might become an issue if the cycle needs to be halted abruptly due to emerging side effects.